All Wales Manual Handling Passport (People) - Single Carer
This course is designed to train learners in the application of Manual Handling principles and techniques in community care where only one carer is required, following a careful risk assessment.
The course incorporates the use of modern technology and equipment which allows a more flexible aproach to manual handling in the community.
It is recomended that learners have completed foundation manual handing training initially such as the 2 day All Wales Manual Handling Passport (People) course.
- Client Centred Approach
- Management of Risk Assessments / Handling Plans and Evaluation Process
- Risk Assessments (Reviewing and seeking advice)
- Principles of Safer Handling
- Effective Communication
- How change can be acheived by use of equipment annd Techniques
- Gantry / Overhead Hoists
- Dockerty Hoists
- System Romedic Minilift 125
- ETAC In bed system
- ETAC Twin Sheet
- ETAC Positioning Wedge
- ETAC Multiglide Gloves
- Handicare Molift Raiser
- OTS Single Loop Bed Lever
- Anti Slip Foot Pad
- Phil-e-slide tubiular slide sheet
- Handicare Footstool
- Homecraft Leg Lifter
- Bed Rope Ladder
- Profiling Bed
- Locomotor Handling Sling
- Handicare Easyglide Ovals
- Handicare Sitwalk
- And more....
Observation by trainer
Learners must have attended core Manual Handling (people) training within 1 year of attending this course.
This course is delivered through the medium of English.
Classroom Theory and Practical Workshops.