Safe use of Evacuation Equipment
Evacuation equipment may have been identified during a fire risk assessment, and its availability can help to assist the evacuation of less abled individuals during an emergency situation.
Correct storage, maintenance, preparation and handling of evacuation equipment is essential to help avoid injury to the operator or the evacuee.
This course equips learners with the skills to correctly and confidently deploy evacuation equipment during an emergency situation.
Your staff should not miss out on this essential training to support your fire risk assessment. This course is an ideal way to ensure that operators have a good understanding of evacuation equipment deployed within the workplace, and how to safely utilise it in the event of emergency evacuation.
We come to your site to deliver the following to a maximum of 8 learners per session:
- A safety check of your equipment (involving the learners),
- a brief explanation of evacuation equipment,
- related health & safety considerations,
- a theory session on general usage,
- a practical demonstration of set up and usage in a classroom on stairs involving all learners under direct supervision of the trainer,
- a brief explanation of maintenance,
- service requirements for the evacuation equipment in use at your location.
This certificate is valid for 1 year from the date of completion
Demonstration of acquired skills in the form of ongoing practical assessments and completeion of a workbook. .
Learners should be aware that certificate attainment will be subject to participation in various manual handling practical activities.
This course is delivered through the medium of the English Language. Please contact us to enquire about reasonable adjustments to your assessment(s) if English is not your first language.
Classroom Based with a variety of theory and practical lessons.