QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF)
Did you know that breaches of fire safety laws can result in unlimited fines and imprisonment?
The QA Level 2 Award in Fire Safety (QCF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification that has been specifically designed for anyone who has a specific responsibility for fire safety in the workplace, such as designated fire wardens/fire marshals.
Successful candidates will gain an understanding of fire safety management at work and the specific roles and responsibilities related to fire safety in the workplace.
- Causes of fires in the workplace
- The fire triangle
- Hazards during and after a fire
- Fire and smoke spread
- Identifying and controlling fire hazards:
- Fire prevention
- Fire detection and raising the alarm
- Means of escape
- Principles of extinguishing fires
- Fire-fighting equipment and systems
- Fire safety laws
- Duties and responsibilities of employers and employees
- Undertaking a fire safety inspection
- Fire safety risk assessments
- Contents of a fire safety briefing
- Roles and responsibilities of the nominated fire warden:
- On a day-to-day basis
- During an emergency
Completeion of one or more multiple choice question papers to evidence that the learner has understood the underpinning knowledge elements of the course.
This courses is taught through the medium of the English Language. Please contact us to enquire about reasonable adjustments to assessment if you don't speak English as your first language.
Classroom Based with a variety of theory and practical lessons.