QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF)
Did you know that incorrect manual handling is one of the most common causes of injury at work?
The QA Level 2 Award in Principles of Manual Handling (RQF) is a regulated and nationally recognised qualification, designed to cover the basic principles of manual handling.
This theory based qualification is ideal for all employees as it provides candidates with an awareness of safe manual handling practices and the risks of unsafe manual handling.
With subjects covered in just half a day, this course is an ideal way to reduce the risk of workplace manual handling injuries, whilst minimising disruption to your organisations day to day activities!
- Common manual handling injuries
- Manual handling laws
- Responsibilities of employers and employees
- Risk assessments
- Safe movement principles associated with manual handling, including the bodys:
- Musculoskeletal system
- Centre of gravity
- Lever system
- Theory of safe manual handling principles, including:
- Preparing for a lift
- Solo lifting, carrying and lowering an object
- Team manual handling
- Manual handling equipment:
- Types of manual handling aids and equipment
- Maintenance and requirements for testing
Completion of one or more multiple choice question papers to evidence that the learner has understood the underpinning knowledge elements of the course.
The learner should be aware that attainment of a certificate will be subject to participation in various manual handling practical activities. This courses is taught through the medium of the English Language. Please contact us to enquire about reasonable adjustments to assessment if you don't speak English as your first language.
Classroom Based with a variety of theory and practical lessons.